From: woof! on
I have a netgear wireless router serving both a desktop PC and a notebook.
The notebook seems to always work fine but the desktop has intermittent
trouble with its internet connection.
The computer always shows an excellent connection to the router.
The router (with inbuilt modem) always shows a connection to the internet
The desktop connects to the internet and then intermittently the computer
can not find the internet - any ideas why??
Its corrected by turning the computer off and back on.
Windows firewall is disabled. McAfee firewall on but doesn't seem to interfere
Installed netgear software on both notebook and desktop. Don't know how to
correct this daily disruption - help please!
From: Robert L [MVP - Networking] on
i would sacn for any spyware. This search result may help,

trojan & spyware block internetCase Study - Trojan and spyware block accessing the Internet. Situation: Small Company has a Linksys router connecting to the Internet. ...
http://www.howtonetworking.com/casestudy/spywareblockinternet1.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
From: woof! on
Thanks
Will try it out and post the outcome.

From: woof! on
Ran spybot search & destroy and found nothing amiss.
Naturally original problem still exists
any more thoughts gratefully accepted