From: Mark T on
Sure would like to be able to afford a bounty on a Ruby (framework
agnostic) OWASP ESAPI.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Enterprise_Security_API

MarkT
--
チェックアウトが、Jingle だ!
It's a Jingle Out There!

From: Roger Pack on
> Sure would like to be able to afford a bounty on a Ruby (framework
> agnostic) OWASP ESAPI.
>
> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Enterprise_Security_API
>
> MarkT

You could add just like a $10 one to the list--I'll chip in a few bucks.

-r

From: Charles Oliver Nutter on
On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Roger Pack <rogerdpack2(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Fifth time's a charm (durn spam filters)
>
> ========Announcing the creation of a "ruby bounty" list=============

I added a couple more for JRuby:

JRuby C Extension support - we have an early start at such a library
(http://github.com/wmeissner/jruby-cext) but we need more C hackers
willing to help us build it out. We will only support the "safe" C
functions that don't let you manipulate objects internals directly or
get direct access to pointers.

Pure-Java Nokogiri - Just what it sounds like...for places where
libxml isn't available or native libraries are forbidden.

Dive in :)

- Charlie

From: Roger Pack on

> Pure-Java Nokogiri - Just what it sounds like...for places where
> libxml isn't available or native libraries are forbidden.
>
> Dive in :)

Looks like pure java Nokogiri is something popular--the bounty on it has
already risen to $225

-r

From: Charles Oliver Nutter on
On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 11:49 PM, Roger Pack <rogerpack2005(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like pure java Nokogiri is something popular--the bounty on it has
> already risen to $225

It's probably the most oft-encountered stumbling block for folks using
JRuby (these days), since Nokogiri itself has become very popular and
is now depended on by many other libraries. A pure-Java version would
never need special handling on any platform, would work on any
platform where JRuby works, and would not require native library
support at all.

I implore gem authors: think about who you might hurt with hard gem
dependencies on native extensions. At least provide an alternative
path.

- Charlie