From: hazal Ates on
in ruby offical site two links doesnot work.do you know reasons?

1- ruby in 20 minutes second page not open.

2 - tryruby.hobix.com : not open .
i could open it 1 month ago. but during tutorial i couldnot write square
brackets [ ] in destop and notebook keyboard. also some special signs
like # {} " cannaot write on interactive ruby irb shell.

From: Phillip Gawlowski on

Do you mean this: http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/documentation/quickstart/2/ ?

> 2 - tryruby.hobix.com : not open .

tryruby.hobix.com was one of _why's resources.

It's currently being resurrected: http://github.com/Sophrinix/TryRuby

Both the links listed on GitHub are currently unavailable, however.

> i could open it 1 month ago. but during tutorial i couldnot write square
> brackets [ ] in destop and notebook keyboard. also some special signs
> like # {} " cannaot write on interactive ruby irb shell.

Is that irb on your own PC? If so, it seems to be a language issue.
The Windows OneClickInstaller provides a setting during its setup to
support European keyboards. Maybe that'll help you, too?

I'm not the RubyInstaller (a new effort to provide Ruby for Windows
systems) seems to have no problem with other language settings (As far
as I can see, anyway).

Otherwise, you'd have to figure out the locale settings for your system,
and see what they are, and if you can find a Ruby package that works for
your locale.

--
Philip Gawlowski

From: James Edward Gray II on
On Dec 19, 2009, at 2:00 PM, hazal Ates wrote:

> in ruby offical site two links doesnot work.do you know reasons?
>
> 1- ruby in 20 minutes second page not open.

I just tried it and it worked for me:

http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/documentation/quickstart/2/

> 2 - tryruby.hobix.com : not open .

This is the new address:

http://tryruby.sophrinix.com/

I don't seem to be able to reach it right now though.

James Edward Gray II

From: andrew mcelroy on
I was planning on making an official announcement about this.

I have been updating my twitter status.

sophrinix.com is currently being transferred from one registrar to another.

I have been working to get TryRuby.org up and working.

Also, I have been incorporating some fixes that nanothief have made
which fixed the filesystem part of the lesson.

Twitter: Sophrinix

I am not entirely sure when the domain will finish transferring.

Regardless, I have been planning on launching TryRuby.org once the
tryruby program has been restored.

Thanks,
Andrew McElroy

From: andrew mcelroy on
On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 7:54 PM, andrew mcelroy <sophrinix(a)gmail.com> wrote:

I should add that once the transfer is done, I will keep
tryruby.sophrinix.com as a redirect to
tryruby.org

BTW TryRuby.org does resolve.

> I was planning on making an official announcement about this.
>
> I have been updating my twitter status.
>
> sophrinix.com is currently being transferred from one registrar to another.
>
> I have been working to get TryRuby.org up and working.
>
> Also, I have been incorporating some fixes that nanothief have made
> which fixed the filesystem part of the lesson.
>
> Twitter: Sophrinix
>
> I am not entirely sure when the domain will finish transferring.
>
> Regardless, I have been planning on launching TryRuby.org once the
> tryruby program has been restored.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew McElroy
>
> On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 7:44 PM, James Edward Gray II
> <james(a)graysoftinc.com> wrote:
>> On Dec 19, 2009, at 2:00 PM, hazal Ates wrote:
>>
>>> in ruby offical site two links doesnot work.do you know reasons?
>>>
>>> 1- ruby in 20 minutes second page not open.
>>
>> I just tried it and it worked for me:
>>
>> http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/documentation/quickstart/2/
>>
>>> 2 - tryruby.hobix.com : not open .
>>
>> This is the new address:
>>
>>  http://tryruby.sophrinix.com/
>>
>> I don't seem to be able to reach it right now though.
>>
>> James Edward Gray II
>>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: grep a block