From: El Gato on
In general on Windows you can interrogate the "resource block" to get
the version string, vendor string, etc. of an executable. Does anyone
know how I could go about inserting this into a Ruby app that was
compile with rubyscript2exe? I can't find anything on it.

Basically, if someone were to run something similar to this discussion:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/602802/command-line-tool-to-dump-windows-dll-version
, I'd want the proper info to be returned.

Thoughts?

From: Gordon Thiesfeld on

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 10:00 AM, El Gato <wmwilson01(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> In general on Windows you can interrogate the "resource block" to get
> the version string, vendor string, etc. of an executable. Does anyone
> know how I could go about inserting this into a Ruby app that was
> compile with rubyscript2exe? I can't find anything on it.

The rubyscript2exe docs mention resource hacker. It looks like it might do
what you need.

http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

> Basically, if someone were to run something similar to this discussion:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/602802/command-line-tool-to-dump-windows-dll-version
> , I'd want the proper info to be returned.
>
> Thoughts?

Pages: 1
Prev: Tail recursion with 1.9
Next: Camera_Project