From: keyboard on
The error says:

*** - OPEN: Directory #P"C:\\DOCUME~1\\****\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\" does
not exist
The following restarts are available:
ABORT :R1 Abort main loop

In the meantime, slime is not connected (polling).

Anyone has the same problem?
From: edgar-rft on
> The error says:
>
> *** - OPEN: Directory #P"C:\\DOCUME~1\\****\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\" does
> not exist
> The following restarts are available:
> ABORT :R1 Abort main loop
>
> In the meantime, slime is not connected (polling).
>
> Anyone has the same problem?

I had similar problems and the reason was:

CLISP 2.49 has no more "-k full", so if you have a SLIME setup like:

(setq inferior-lisp program "clisp -k full")

try this instead (without "-k full"):

(setq inferior-lisp program "clisp")

All modules now can be loaded dynamically at run-time via REQUIRE.

Please not that the Clisp documentation still has not been fully
updated in this regard.

- edgar

From: keyboard on
On Aug 6, 10:23 pm, edgar-rft <ed...(a)web.de> wrote:
> > The error says:
>
> > *** - OPEN: Directory #P"C:\\DOCUME~1\\****\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\" does
> > not exist
> > The following restarts are available:
> > ABORT          :R1      Abort main loop
>
> > In the meantime, slime is not connected (polling).
>
> > Anyone has the same problem?
>
> I had similar problems and the reason was:
>
> CLISP 2.49 has no more "-k full", so if you have a SLIME setup like:
>
> (setq inferior-lisp program "clisp -k full")
>
> try this instead (without "-k full"):
>
> (setq inferior-lisp program "clisp")
>
> All modules now can be loaded dynamically at run-time via REQUIRE.
>
> Please not that the Clisp documentation still has not been fully
> updated in this regard.
>
> - edgar

Thanks.

I have

(setq inferior-lisp-program "clisp -ansi -q -m 64M -I -E UTF-8 -
Epathname ISO-8859-1 -Eforeign ISO-8859-1")

So the -k full is not an issue.

The path

#P"C:\\DOCUME~1\\****\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\"

does exist. Why this is the complaint?

By the way, clisp 2.48 works well in this case.
From: edgar-rft on
keyboard schrieb:

> I have
>
> (setq inferior-lisp-program "clisp -ansi -q -m 64M -I -E UTF-8 -
> Epathname ISO-8859-1 -Eforeign ISO-8859-1")
>
> So the -k full is not an issue.
>
> The path
>
> #P"C:\\DOCUME~1\\****\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\"
>
> does exist. Why this is the complaint?
>
> By the way, clisp 2.48 works well in this case.

Oh, sorry, I hadn't noticed, the "official" Clisp 2.49 Windows version
has problems with short Windows pathnames like "DOCUME~1" or "LOCALS~1".

This is a known bug and has already been fixed in the CVS a few days ago.

Two choices:

Either use full Windows pathnames, e.g. "Documents and Settings" instead
of "DOCUME~1" until the next official release.

Or compile your own CLisp Windows version from the current CHS HEAD
(what is a bit tricky on Windows and not really recommended).

- edgar