From: Dave Peterson on
This is a guess since you didn't say what error occurred.

xl2007 can open older versions of files in compatibility mode -- where the
number of rows is 64k (not 1 meg).

So depending on what workbook/worksheet is active, that unqualified Rows.count
could be 64k or 1Meg.

I'd qualify that range:

with Master_Wksht
lastrow = .range("N" & .rows.count).end(xlup).row
end with

--

Dave Peterson
From: Jon Peltier on
If the code fails when run at full speed but works when stepped through,
all else being equal, it usually means Excel has some housekeeping to
do, that it hasn't finished before the command.

Inserting a one-word line

DoEvents

before the line that shows the error will often give Excel a chance to
do all that background stuff. Excel 2007 is more prone to this issue
than 2003.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

From: Kevryl on
G'day Mike,

I do understand your skepticism, but I've had similar where something has
fouled up the first time but then "settled in". No, I can't explain it.

I'm still using the .xls format on these 2 files (save as 97-2003) as I'm
not totally convinced yet that I want to stay with 2007. I did save an
inventory file as .xlsm because from what I've read I thought I had to to
preserve the macros, but that.s misleading because my macros work ok in .xls.

I was about to save the accounting files as a .xlsm too, but I re-thought
that quickly because it wanted me to put an undersore in front of my
range-names - a couple of hundred of them, many referred to in macros of
which I also have dozens.

My decision now is whether to (A) stay with Win 7 Office 2007 and weather
it, (hoping Office 2010 will address all the slow-down issues), or (B) roll
back to XP & Office 2000, or (C) start a tedious switch to Linux (prob
Ubuntu?) and Open Office.org and eventually become Microsoft independant.

Any thoughts on these choices would be appreciated. :-)

From: Kevryl on
Jon, thanks I'll try that next time I have a stall. :-) DoEvents.... right
got it.