From: Kathy R. on
Hi Folks,

Is it possible to use the same subform in two different main forms
simultaneously? If it's possible, is it good practice? I can foresee
that there may be problems with code, but the subform I'm thinking of is
very basic.

Three tables:

tblFamily
FamID (primary key)
FamLastName

tblIndividual
IndID (primary key)
InFamID
FirstName
MiddleName
....other personal data

tblAddress
AddressID
AdFamID
street
city
state
zip

Two main forms for different types of data entry

frmFamily with family information on the main form and address
information in the subform (sfrAddress) (also has sfrIndividual to enter
basic Individual information).

frmIndividual with detailed Individual information on the main form and
the address information on a subform. The address information on this
form is really just for display purposes and not data entry, although I
don't think that it needs to be restricted as such.

It's possible that both frmFamily and frmIndividual will be open at the
same time. Can I and should I use the same sfrAddress?

Thanks for your help.

Kathy R.
From: Allen Browne on
Access is fine with running 2 instances of a form simultaneously. No
problem. Sometimes I even put multiple instances of a subform on the one
form.

There's no problem with code. Just use Me and it understands the right form.
Or you can use Forms!Form1!Sub1 and Forms!Form2!Sub1 -- Access will
understand. Even if you place multiple instances on the one form, they will
each have different names for the subform controls, so you can still refer
to them easily.

From: Kathy R. on
Thank you Allen!

Kathy R.