From: Kazlou on
I have a form that will be used by a number of people to input their
evaluation of clients. Each person will be responsible for certain clients.
I'd like them to be able to input their information, save it and be able to
information so it can't be altered.
Is this possible?

thanks for your help
Karen

From: Piet Linden on
On Dec 27, 6:18 pm, Kazlou <Kaz...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a form that will be used by a number of people to input their
> evaluation of clients. Each person will be responsible for certain clients.
> I'd like them to be able to input their information, save it and be able to
> information so it can't be altered.
> Is this possible?
>
> thanks for your help
> Karen

not that easy in Access. In SQL Server, since there's real security
and you can expose stored procedures to your users, you can control
everything they do. If you're doing it in Access, it's not as easy.

you could create a field in your table that indicates whether the
record is locked or not. Then in the Current event of the form (so
your users can have NO direct access to tables), you can set the
AllowEdits property to True/False depending on whether the record is
locked. Something like...

Say you have a hidden checkbox on your form, chkRecordLocked
Sub Form_OnCurrent()
Me.Locked = Me.chkRecordLocked
End Sub

The problem is that you have NO control over what users to in your
tables (if you expose them). Or in the updateable queries (if you
have any).