From: Alex on
Hi there !

I have got a IEEE 1394(firewire) camera and want to do a little image processing on pictures that I will take.

this is my first code:

imaqreset
cam = imaqhwinfo('avtmatlabadaptor')
cam.DeviceInfo(1).DeviceName
cam.DeviceInfo(1).SupportedFormats
vid=videoinput('avtmatlabadaptor',1,'F0M5_Mono8_640x480');
src=getselectedsource(vid);
preview(vid)

after this I got a video preview window , that's okay, but now I want to take a picture from this window and run my program for image processing on this new image, previously I have saved an image and run my program for that specific picture, what do i prefer now is a dynamic sort of processing on the picture that at each time I got on my video preview screen, because I work on a surface which is stable I do not need a high fps ( frame per second).

what do you suggest ?!
thanks in advance
From: Shanmugam Kannappan on
"Alex " <ashkandav(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message <i40qdb$oc8$1(a)fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi there !
>
> I have got a IEEE 1394(firewire) camera and want to do a little image processing on pictures that I will take.
>
> this is my first code:
>
> imaqreset
> cam = imaqhwinfo('avtmatlabadaptor')
> cam.DeviceInfo(1).DeviceName
> cam.DeviceInfo(1).SupportedFormats
> vid=videoinput('avtmatlabadaptor',1,'F0M5_Mono8_640x480');
> src=getselectedsource(vid);
> preview(vid)
>
> after this I got a video preview window , that's okay, but now I want to take a picture from this window and run my program for image processing on this new image, previously I have saved an image and run my program for that specific picture, what do i prefer now is a dynamic sort of processing on the picture that at each time I got on my video preview screen, because I work on a surface which is stable I do not need a high fps ( frame per second).
>
> what do you suggest ?!
> thanks in advance

Hi Alex,

I dont have a much idea on the way preview works.
but we have some commands like getframe to take the snapshort of the picture in the figure window.
Just give a try.

Shan!