From: Mаrtin on
I have an epson perfection 610 scanner which works fine. But if I
press the scan button, nothing happens. If I go to the control panel
and open the scanners properties, there is a tab for events.
The only possible event is "start button" and the action is "no
action" and all other radio buttons for selecting an action are greyed
out.
So I cannot choose to be prompted for a program.
Why is this?

Martin
From: Penn E. Loafer on
What did Epson support have to say?

From: Chuck on
On 8/11/2010 3:06 PM, Mаrtin wrote:
> I have an epson perfection 610 scanner which works fine. But if I
> press the scan button, nothing happens. If I go to the control panel
> and open the scanners properties, there is a tab for events.
> The only possible event is "start button" and the action is "no
> action" and all other radio buttons for selecting an action are greyed
> out.
> So I cannot choose to be prompted for a program.
> Why is this?
>
> Martin

Sometimes this is the result of using windows built in scanner software
instead of the appropriate Epson software and drivers.
From: Mark Adams on

"Penn E. Loafer" wrote:

> What did Epson support have to say?

Another brilliant post from "Hoop L. Head."

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
+1