From: meerkat on

"CurlySue" <CurlySue(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> In short, I cannot get Windows 98SE to work with any Flash Drive larger
> than
> 1GB. It will work with 1GB drives, but I prefer to use 4GB (and perhaps
> larger drives).

Snipped some..
Hi CS, go here and have a read through,
It`ll point you in the right direction
http://www.largeharddrivesupport.windowsreinstall.com/win98.htm

bw..meerkat

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
CurlySue wrote:
<blithersnippage>
> Because I hadn't updated for the last 3 years, I found Windows98 SE
> Service
> Pack 2.1 and installed it.

Link, please?

> ...Then I scrubbed the Registry (which, to my
> surprise, remained perfectly clean) and my system.

If you ever think your Registry needs to be cleaned, repaired, boosted,
tuned-up, cured, tweaked, fixed, or optimized (it doesn't), read
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099 and draw your own conclusions. Also
see
http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2005/10/02/registry-junk-a-windows-fact-of-life.aspx

From: Penn E. Loafer on
What do you expect from a HoopleHead who asks in a non-related newsgroup?