From: David on
Hi,

In a Windows 2003 AD, we use a script to map network drives and printers,
and also to disable windows firewall in our windows XP clients.

Now we had started to use windows 7 in our clients, and problems came with
that script. I tryed to find out which lines where not compatible with
windows 7, but errors are not always the same.

Some times I have an error on RPC call, and sometimes it works fine to map
network drives and very few times it map network printers.

Disabling firewall never works.

I attached the vbs script.

How could I modify the script so it works with windows 7 clients and also
with XP clients.

Thank you very much

From: Trevor Sullivan on
David,

The attachment didn't come through.

Cheers,
Trevor Sullivan
Consultant | 1E Inc.

From: Kenneth A. Larsen on

"Trevor Sullivan" <pcgeek86(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> David,
>
> The attachment didn't come through.
>
> Cheers,
> Trevor Sullivan
> Consultant | 1E Inc.
>
> On 8/9/2010 5:59 AM, David wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In a Windows 2003 AD, we use a script to map network drives and printers,
>> and also to disable windows firewall in our windows XP clients.
>>
>> Now we had started to use windows 7 in our clients, and problems came
>> with
>> that script. I tryed to find out which lines where not compatible with
>> windows 7, but errors are not always the same.
>>
>> Some times I have an error on RPC call, and sometimes it works fine to
>> map
>> network drives and very few times it map network printers.
>>
>> Disabling firewall never works.
>>
>> I attached the vbs script.
>>
>> How could I modify the script so it works with windows 7 clients and also
>> with XP clients.
>>
>> Thank you very much

Dear Trevor Sullivan,
If the attachment didn't come through, you can click on attachments and pick
whick file you need. And by the way, what do you mean that Windows 7 has
problems. It's the newest and Fastest operating ssystem ever. Usually my Dad
says Windows 7 has problems. By another way, if you are disabling firewalls,
why don't you just leave them? Since you said "thank you very much'' I will
say I admit your command. If you have those type of problems again, please
let me know by emailing me at 2 addresses. LarsenK(a)verizon.net or,
kuhlpc#2(a)optimum.net.

From,
Kenny