From: Jeff on
I keep getting a script error warning when running a webpage using LiveWeb
in PowerPoint 2002 that I do not get when I run the same webpage directly in
IE7.

When I run that page using LiveWeb in PPT the error I get is a popup window
that says:
Internet Explorer Script Error
An error has occurred in the script on this page
Line: 16
Char: 1
Error: Object Expected
Code: 0
What is puzzling is that this is not really a Internet Explorer error
because it does not occur when I open the page directly in IE7.

Anyone know how I can stop this from happening? Even if I run PowerPoint
2002 with the security level set to Low, I get the same error, so that does
not seem to be the problem.
I checked the scripts and there does not seem to be anything I can see at a
line 16.

Jeff

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <OscEHuz6IHA.4468(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, wrote:
> I keep getting a script error warning when running a webpage using LiveWeb
> in PowerPoint 2002 that I do not get when I run the same webpage directly in
> IE7.
>
> When I run that page using LiveWeb in PPT the error I get is a popup window
> that says:
> Internet Explorer Script Error
> An error has occurred in the script on this page
> Line: 16
> Char: 1
> Error: Object Expected
> Code: 0
> What is puzzling is that this is not really a Internet Explorer error
> because it does not occur when I open the page directly in IE7.
>
> Anyone know how I can stop this from happening? Even if I run PowerPoint
> 2002 with the security level set to Low, I get the same error, so that does
> not seem to be the problem.

As I mentioned earlier, that's an Explorer error message, not a PowerPoint one.
There's something in the web page that it's objecting to.
There's an Explorer setting that lets you turn off error messages when it
encounters script errors. You might want to have a look for that.

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com
Live and in personable in the Help Center at PowerPoint Live
Sept 21-24, San Diego CA, USA
www.pptlive.com

From: Jeff on
Steve Rindsberg wrote:
> In article <OscEHuz6IHA.4468(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, wrote:
>> I keep getting a script error warning when running a webpage using
>> LiveWeb in PowerPoint 2002 that I do not get when I run the same
>> webpage directly in IE7.
>>
>> When I run that page using LiveWeb in PPT the error I get is a popup
>> window that says:
>> Internet Explorer Script Error
>> An error has occurred in the script on this page
>> Line: 16
>> Char: 1
>> Error: Object Expected
>> Code: 0
>> What is puzzling is that this is not really a Internet Explorer error
>> because it does not occur when I open the page directly in IE7.
>>
>> Anyone know how I can stop this from happening? Even if I run
>> PowerPoint 2002 with the security level set to Low, I get the same
>> error, so that does not seem to be the problem.
>
> As I mentioned earlier, that's an Explorer error message, not a
> PowerPoint one. There's something in the web page that it's objecting
> to.
> There's an Explorer setting that lets you turn off error messages
> when it encounters script errors. You might want to have a look for
> that.

Thanks Steve. I do have the option turned off in IE7 to display error
messages when it encounters script errors - which is why the error does NOT
appear when I load the file directly in IE7. It only appears when I load
the same file in PPT using LiveWeb. So I guess PPT ot LiveWeb are somehow
reversing that option choice.

Guess I will just have to live with it for now or change my presentation.

Jeff