From: chengiz on
Hi,

I know sdtvolcheck has got something to do with checking for CDs etc,
but what are these "cat /tmp/.removable" processes, which seem linked
to sdtvolcheck?

Also the 'cat' ones tend to proliferate on my solaris 8 box. At a
clean login there might be as little as 2, but in a few days, there
can be up to 10. Right now I have 6, 2 have their parent process as an
sdtvolcheck, 4 are zombies with parent process 1.

I've seen sdtvolcheck processes proliferate too but not to this
extent. In any case I'm not sure why more than one sdtvolcheck is
needed at all. From the args, it seems to be covering all devices.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
chengiz