From: smpk42 on
I'm entering data one row at a time. When I enter a value in column A, I need
to know if that value has been entered (in Column A) before. Column A needs
to be unique values.

What is the best way to verify uniqueness, as I enter a new value?

Should I use a module or can a formula check for?

I'd prefer to have a Warning box pop up indicating "Value already entered in
this column", so I'm assuming a module (VB?) is the way to go.

If you have any suggestions, I'd be happy to read.

Thanks,
From: Barb Reinhardt on
The easiest way to do this is to use a conditional format. Take a look and
see if that helps.
--
HTH,

Barb Reinhardt

From: smpk42 on
Sweet.

That does the trick - if a dup number is entered, it appears in Red.

I figured it could be done simply.

Thanks Barb.

From: Gord Dibben on
See Chip Pearson's site for using Data Validation to prevent duplicate
entries in a column.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.aspx

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP