From: Nedward on
Hi:

I am trying to advise a client whose website was designed by someone using
framesets.

The client had a "professional analysis" done of his website, who recommended
that the Frames method is a bad idea regarding SEO (among other reasons). The
original designer is unwilling to redesign the site:

www.piscespro.com

I have been asked to build a sitemap, but I wanted to find out if it is going
to have an impact if the frames are not eliminated first. Please advise! Any
input is welcome!

Thanks, Ned

From: geschenk on
Hi,

The client had a "professional analysis" done of his website, who recommended
that the Frames method is a bad idea regarding SEO (among other reasons).

that "professional analysis" should have told your customer that the frame
page itself has a serious lack in regards to being "SEO friendly" -- it�s
completely missing an alternate content within the <noframes>...</noframes>
tags. Look at what�s currently available here:
-----------------
<noframes>
</noframes>
------------------

This alone renders the frame completely useless in regards to SEO, and some
other stuff in here [i](e.g. the meta keywords, which come up with "massage" 4
times and "new wave" 3 times, what�s actually considered as "keyword spam",
also because this this page has no real content at all those keywords can refer
to...)[/i] makes it even more worse ! Whether frames are SEO friendly or not,
is often just a matter of opinion -- it can be done, but this frame is as
anti-SEO as can be.

The original designer is unwilling to redesign the site:

..what�s actually the best solution for your customer under these
circumstances ;-)

Now about the sitemap question: it�s up to you to decide on keeping the frames
or not, but *if* you�re going to keep the frames, turn them into something SEO
friendly, otherwise even your sitemap won�t have any real advantage, because
the following frame page won�t be ranked at all, only the sitemap itself.

Pages: 1
Prev: Phoenix flash...
Next: javascript style