From: Larry on
Hi,

I am studing how to create sockets by using the winsock2.h and ws2_32.lib
.... I have to admit it is really hard to code something for the moment...is
there any good (free) class to deal with sockets ina simpler way? I would
like to create a tiny server which serves more clients at the same time...

thanks

From: Faisal on
On Jan 17, 12:28 pm, "Larry" <dontmewit...(a)got.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am studing how to create sockets by using the winsock2.h and ws2_32.lib
> ... I have to admit it is really hard to code something for the moment...is
> there any good (free) class to deal with sockets ina simpler way? I would
> like to create a tiny server which serves more clients at the same time....
>
> thanks

If your project use MFC, you can use CSocket or CAsyncSocket.
From: Cholo Lennon on
Larry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am studing how to create sockets by using the winsock2.h and ws2_32.lib
> ... I have to admit it is really hard to code something for the moment...is
> there any good (free) class to deal with sockets ina simpler way? I would
> like to create a tiny server which serves more clients at the same time...
>
> thanks

Adding to Faisal's post: You can use boost::asio (it's free and
multiplatform, also it has a good documentation and examples)

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_41_0/doc/html/boost_asio.html

Regards

--
Cholo Lennon