From: rodchar on
Hi All,

Is there a way to select all things in a document that match a certain
pattern?
For example, I have a mailing label document where I would like to select
just the City, State and Zip line for all the labels? (shot in the dark)

Thanks,
rodchar
From: Jay Freedman on
rodchar wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there a way to select all things in a document that match a certain
> pattern?
> For example, I have a mailing label document where I would like to
> select just the City, State and Zip line for all the labels? (shot in
> the dark)
>
> Thanks,
> rodchar

Depending on how the document is laid out, and how uniform it is, you may be
able to use a wildcard pattern. See
http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm.

You might do better to convert that document to a mail merge source
document: http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels_into_mail_merge.htm. Then it
will be much easier to select specific columns containing the desired
information.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman