From: AJ on
Thanks everyone for your ideas, I will go and try them now.

My table is imported from Excel it contains alot of data, I am only
interested in the 3 columns for Area, Inspections and Priority

- Area which contains 4 locations plus a combined summary for the region.
- Inspections of assets are cycled and fall into two main areas of overdue
by X number of days or coming due in X number of days. Both are in sets of
0-6 or 7-14 or 15-28, 29-84 and 85 days & over

The Priority for the inspections is Critical, Significant and Other.
I need totals for each category for each area by the inspections over due
and coming due.

What I am aiming for looks sort of like this below when I have create it in
Excel but its such a cumbersome process extracting data and putting
conditional formating on to identify the inspection time periods, I was
hoping Access would streamline it for me as I have to pull this report every
month.

Area combined Priority1 0-6 or 7-14 or 15-28, 29-84 and 85 days & over
Area combined Priority 2 0-6 or 7-14 or 15-28, 29-84 and 85 days & over
Area combined Priority 3 0-6 or 7-14 or 15-28, 29-84 and 85 days & over
Total 0-6 or 7-14 or 15-28, 29-84 and 85
days & over

Area 1 as above
Area 1
Area 1
Total

Area 2 as above
Area 2
Area 2
Total

Area 3 as above
Area 3
Area 3
Total

Area 4 as above
Area 4
Area 4
Total

From: AJ on
I dont think I have done this partition thing right, its spitting the dummy...

SELECT DISTINCTROW Data.[Provisioning Centre - Managed By], Data.[Orig
Priority], Data.[Days Past Compliant], Count(Data.[Days Past Compliant]) AS
[CountOfDays Past Compliant], Count(Data.[Days Past Compliant]) AS
[CountOfDays Past Compliant1], Count(Data.[Days Past Compliant]) AS
[CountOfDays Past Compliant2], Count(Data.[Days Past Compliant]) AS
[CountOfDays Past Compliant3], Count(Data.[Days Past Compliant]) AS
[CountOfDays Past Compliant4]
FROM Data
GROUP BY Data.[Provisioning Centre - Managed By], Data.[Orig Priority],
Data.[Days Past Compliant]
HAVING (((Data.[Provisioning Centre - Managed By])="Cootamundra Provisioning
Centre") AND ((Count(Data.[Days Past Compliant]))="0: 6") AND
((Count(Data.[Days Past Compliant]))="7: 14") AND ((Count(Data.[Days Past
Compliant]))="15: 28") AND ((Count(Data.[Days Past Compliant]))="29: 84") AND
((Count(Data.[Days Past Compliant]))="85: 2000"))
ORDER BY Data.[Provisioning Centre - Managed By], Data.[Orig Priority];