From: Pif on
Hello,

I would like to create a server that can send SMS on Linux (or
windows). I don't want to pay a provider on the Web and I would like
to use my own mobile phone chip as a "SMS modem".

So do you know if there exist easy solutions to connect, recognise a
mobile phone with the chip to the PC and then control it using Java
API or any tool.
Do you know if there exist box like routers model that can embed my
chip and I could control using network (HTTP, etc.) ?

Thanks a lot.
From: Robert Kochem on
Pif wrote:

> I would like to create a server that can send SMS on Linux (or
> windows). I don't want to pay a provider on the Web and I would like
> to use my own mobile phone chip as a "SMS modem".

If the used cell phone can be accessed as a modem (via virtual COM-Port)
this schuld be possible:

http://www.developershome.com/sms/howToSendSMSFromPC.asp

I am not sure if the current Java version is capable of using a COM port
out of the box. I remember that there was a COM-support package required
back in Java 1.4 times.

Robert
From: Lothar Kimmeringer on
Pif wrote:

> I would like to create a server that can send SMS on Linux (or
> windows). I don't want to pay a provider on the Web and I would like
> to use my own mobile phone chip as a "SMS modem".

You still have to pay for sending the SMS via your phone. In
that case you will be billed by the mobile provider you're
SIM-card belongs to.

Regards, Lothar
--
Lothar Kimmeringer E-Mail: spamfang(a)kimmeringer.de

questions!
From: Arne Vajhøj on
On 28-07-2010 06:21, Pif wrote:
> I would like to create a server that can send SMS on Linux (or
> windows). I don't want to pay a provider on the Web and I would like
> to use my own mobile phone chip as a "SMS modem".

Why?

I would expect the price you pay for SMS to be higher than
what an SMS aggregator that buy millions from the telco
pays.

Arne
From: Arne Vajhøj on
On 28-07-2010 21:12, Arne Vajh�j wrote:
> On 28-07-2010 06:21, Pif wrote:
>> I would like to create a server that can send SMS on Linux (or
>> windows). I don't want to pay a provider on the Web and I would like
>> to use my own mobile phone chip as a "SMS modem".
>
> Why?
>
> I would expect the price you pay for SMS to be higher than
> what an SMS aggregator that buy millions from the telco
> pays.

And SMS aggregator will provide you with a simple HTTP
or SOAP/HTTP or SMTP interface that can be utilized from Java
without third party libraries.

Arne
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3