From: lyubo hristov on
Hello,

I have two question where i cant find the solution. First is:
How to make sendmail to check users via fqdn. For example:

If mail come to somebody(a)domain.com, sendmail split the email adres
and check only the part (as user) before @. I want to check the whole
email as user.

The second issue is : How to call local delivery agent again with
whole e-mail , no only the part before @.

That's it.

P.S. Sorry if there something wrong with my English

Regards
From: ska on
lyubo hristov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two question where i cant find the solution. First is:
> How to make sendmail to check users via fqdn. For example:

Er, the subject says "auth",

> If mail come to somebody(a)domain.com, sendmail split the email adres
> and check only the part (as user) before @. I want to check the whole
> email as user.

In this paragraphe you seem to talk about recipient addresses.

For SMTP AUTH, sendmail should use whatever you've give it in the AUTH
command.

For recipient address validation look into the virtual user stuff in
sendmail, e.g. virtuser table.

> The second issue is : How to call local delivery agent again with
> whole e-mail , no only the part before @.

You could tinker with the S= option of the Mlocal definition, these
rulesets perform the rewriting, or create another mailer, remove the
domain(s) from local-host-names and add a mailertable entry for this
new mailer.
Latter variant is often documented for the procmail mailer. Instead of
treating those addresses as local, "relay" the messages to a program
that delivers them. Ah, just found an example: http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sendmail

-ska
From: Andrzej Adam Filip on
lyubo hristov <lyubogh(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have two question where i cant find the solution. First is:
> How to make sendmail to check users via fqdn. For example:
>
> If mail come to somebody(a)domain.com, sendmail split the email adres
> and check only the part (as user) before @. I want to check the whole
> email as user.
>
> The second issue is : How to call local delivery agent again with
> whole e-mail , no only the part before @.

Which specific local delivery agent do you intend to use?
There are known recipes for specific local mailers programs e.g. cyrus-imap.

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi(a)onet.eu : Andrzej.Filip(a)gmail.com
Television is now so desperately hungry for material that it is scraping