From: Mehul Ved on
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Wietse Venema <wietse(a)porcupine.org> wrote:
> I think your system is in a state of serious overload. There are
> tons of "connection refused" for internal services, and watchdog timeout
> and other timeouts that should NEVER EVER happen.
>
> Reduce default_process_limit to 50, do "postfix reload" and see
> if the errors go away.

This is working well so far. No more timeouts and whole queue is clear
as of now.

Thank you to everyone who replied.

From: Mehul Ved on
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Noel Jones <njones(a)megan.vbhcs.org> wrote:
> Nothing useful here.  Everything you show looks quite normal, although the
> lack of qmgr logging is probably significant. Probably more interesting
> stuff is logged earlier.

Yes, I missed the watchdog timeout earlier. It's been corrected now
and things seem to be working well.

From: Stan Hoeppner on
Mehul Ved put forth on 12/23/2009 2:02 AM:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Wietse Venema <wietse(a)porcupine.org> wrote:
>> I think your system is in a state of serious overload. There are
>> tons of "connection refused" for internal services, and watchdog timeout
>> and other timeouts that should NEVER EVER happen.
>>
>> Reduce default_process_limit to 50, do "postfix reload" and see
>> if the errors go away.
>
> This is working well so far. No more timeouts and whole queue is clear
> as of now.
>
> Thank you to everyone who replied.

Glad to hear it's working well once again. Say, since this appears to have been
an excessive load issue, would you mind posting some basic specs for this
server? Such as processor type and qty, num cores, total system memory, disk
subsystem (num of disks, raid card, software raid, etc?), and internal/external
message load?

Thanks.

--
Stan

From: Mehul Ved on
On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Stan Hoeppner <stan(a)hardwarefreak.com> wrote:

> Glad to hear it's working well once again.  Say, since this appears to have been
> an excessive load issue, would you mind posting some basic specs for this
> server?  Such as processor type and qty, num cores, total system memory, disk
> subsystem (num of disks, raid card, software raid, etc?), and internal/external
> message load?

CPU: Celeron 2.66GHz processor, single core
RAM: 1GB
Hard Disk - 250GB, no RAID
All emails are going on different server as we're moving to new server
from next month, as I have been informed.