From: Jozza on
Hi,

No matter what i try, i cant output anything to a file from a script that
was run by sendmail from aliases file.

I have this in my /etc/aliases file:
someone(a)somewhere.com: "|/home/myscript.sh"

Once myscript is run, any command that has anything to do with file output,
fails with Permission denied.
I wanted to save output from sendmail to a file using "tee output.eml"
I always get returned mail with Permission denied error on file output. I
even tried echo command but it fails with the same message.
I tried it with smrsh, putting links there to echo, tee , myscript.sh, even
tried it without smrsh (using /bin/sh as MProg), nothing works.

What am i doing wrong?

Jozza

From: Jozza on
"Jozza" <hmm(a)hmm.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> No matter what i try, i cant output anything to a file from a script that
> was run by sendmail from aliases file.
>
> I have this in my /etc/aliases file:
> someone(a)somewhere.com: "|/home/myscript.sh"
>
> Once myscript is run, any command that has anything to do with file
> output, fails with Permission denied.
> I wanted to save output from sendmail to a file using "tee output.eml"
> I always get returned mail with Permission denied error on file output. I
> even tried echo command but it fails with the same message.
> I tried it with smrsh, putting links there to echo, tee , myscript.sh,
> even tried it without smrsh (using /bin/sh as MProg), nothing works.
>
> What am i doing wrong?
>
> Jozza

I figured out that the output file has to have a path infront and that the
path must be writeable by user "mail"