From: x-point on
hello,

do someone know of some software/script to automatically create linux
server configuration documentation?

something which collect data such as:
- distribution version
- kernel version
- ip addresses
- filesystems
- running process
- installed packages (deb/rpm)
- packages to patch

and output them in a user-readable html report?

(now I have a bunch of scripts I made, but having to improve them to
support more distributions I'd like to know if there is something already
done in the opensource arena)

--

questo articolo e` stato inviato via web dal servizio gratuito
http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad abuse(a)newsland.it

From: J G Miller on
On Wednesday, May 12th, 2010 at 15:47:52h +0200, X-point asked:

> something which collect data such as: - distribution version
> - kernel version
> - ip addresses
> - filesystems
> - running process
> - installed packages (deb/rpm)
> - packages to patch

I am not aware of anything which does exactly that to create a report,
but have you looked at Webmin which I think does most of what you are
asking, and will of course display things in an HTML format, and may
also include a report generation feature.

<http://www.webmin.COM/>
From: Hank M. Higher on
On 12.05.2010 15:47, x-point wrote:
> hello,
>
> do someone know of some software/script to automatically create linux
> server configuration documentation?

cfg2html