From: "Colin Finnis" on
I'm having a problem with session data. I have a login setup which holds the
user ID and password in the session data once the user has initially logged
in. When the user goes to a new page or accesses a pop up window the users
session data is validated against a list of IDs and passwords held on the
system rather than forcing them to log in each time. As far as I can work
out this is fairly standard stuff for this sort of process. It works fine in
Firefox but is very inconsistent when used in IE 7. On occasions when a new
page is accessed the users is forced to login again. The reason for this
appears to be that the variables in which the ID and password are stored
don't exist. I have a whole load of trace code which gives me various
information and session ID is apparently being picked up correctly. The
weird thing is that if you reload the page it will then work correctly. I
have tried adding session_write_close as I thought the data was not being
written out correctly during the initial login. This code has been developed
in eclipse using an Apache web serve and works just fine in this
environment. I am trying to deploy it to an IIS serve to which I only have
limited access and cant debug it in this environment.

From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 21:54 +0100, Colin Finnis wrote:

> I'm having a problem with session data. I have a login setup which holds the
> user ID and password in the session data once the user has initially logged
> in. When the user goes to a new page or accesses a pop up window the users
> session data is validated against a list of IDs and passwords held on the
> system rather than forcing them to log in each time. As far as I can work
> out this is fairly standard stuff for this sort of process. It works fine in
> Firefox but is very inconsistent when used in IE 7. On occasions when a new
> page is accessed the users is forced to login again. The reason for this
> appears to be that the variables in which the ID and password are stored
> don't exist. I have a whole load of trace code which gives me various
> information and session ID is apparently being picked up correctly. The
> weird thing is that if you reload the page it will then work correctly. I
> have tried adding session_write_close as I thought the data was not being
> written out correctly during the initial login. This code has been developed
> in eclipse using an Apache web serve and works just fine in this
> environment. I am trying to deploy it to an IIS serve to which I only have
> limited access and cant debug it in this environment.

Do you have an example of the code you're using, like a bare bones
script?

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk