From: "Keith" on
From what I read, the session will remain even after maxlifetime until the
next round session garbage clearance.
This is fine for me.
1) However, will the garbage clearance delete the session whose maxlifetime
not reach yet?
2) maxlifetime is referrenced to most recent script execution time which has
session_start() statement or the first time this session id been created?

3)What does the statement below mean?
"If different scripts have different values of session.gc_maxlifetime but
share the same place for storing the session data then the script with the
minimum value will be cleaning the data."

Does this mean that each script file called within same session, can have
different maxlifetime? I thought each time each script been called for a
particular session will overwrite the previous setting if I have I set it
with ini_set().

Does the selection of minimum value of the statement above applied to
individual session, or refer to all session within the same folder?

4) How to make sure that the PHP session remained as long as user not
logout, and if the maxlifetime reach, I can prompt user to decide whether to
continue the session or abort it.

Thanks for advice.

Pages: 1
Prev: Video lessons