From: BG on
Hello,

I am hoping for advice to fix a problem I have been unable to resolve.

In a program called R I receive the following error when I try to load
a library called wordnet

> > initDict()
[1] FALSE
Warning message:
In initDict() :
cannot find WordNet 'dict' directory: please set the environment
variable WNHOME to its parent

I have gone into control panel -> system -> system properties ->
advanced -> environment

Variable name- WNHOME

Variable value-
set path =%path%; C:\\ProgramFiles\R\WordNet-3.0\Dict

Any suggestions as to how to resolve this are much appreciated,

regards

Bob
From: Steve Urbach on
On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 02:55:48 -0700 (PDT), BG <bgreen_contact(a)yahoo.com.au>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am hoping for advice to fix a problem I have been unable to resolve.
>

>In a program called R I receive the following error when I try to load
>a library called wordnet
>
>> > initDict()
>[1] FALSE
>Warning message:
>In initDict() :
> cannot find WordNet 'dict' directory: please set the environment
>variable WNHOME to its parent
>
>I have gone into control panel -> system -> system properties ->
>advanced -> environment
>
>Variable name- WNHOME
>
>Variable value-
>set path =%path%; C:\\ProgramFiles\R\WordNet-3.0\Dict
Double back slashes? "Program files" has a space, and Dict is a directory and
should end in a backslash. The whole path needs to be in quotes because of the
space.

From: Steve Urbach on
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am hoping for advice to fix a problem I have been unable to resolve.
>

>In a program called R I receive the following error when I try to load
>a library called wordnet
>
>> > initDict()
>[1] FALSE
>Warning message:
>In initDict() :
> cannot find WordNet 'dict' directory: please set the environment
>variable WNHOME to its parent
>
>I have gone into control panel -> system -> system properties ->
>advanced -> environment
>
>Variable name- WNHOME
>
>Variable value-
>set path =%path%; C:\\ProgramFiles\R\WordNet-3.0\Dict
Double back slashes? "Program files" has a space, and Dict is a directory and
should end in a backslash.

FORGET I SAID THIS: The whole path needs to be in quotes because of the
space.

From: BG on

From: BG on
Thanks all,

I tried quotes as well as removing the set path etc - I still get the
error message in R. One thing I have noticed, that in windows when I
click ok the apply button is grayed out. Does this make a difference
for this task.

When I ran Regseeker it now reports the variable value as C:\
\ProgramFiles\R\WordNet-3.0\Dict . I noticed that there is also a file
SYSTEM/ControlSet002\Enum\STORAGE\WNHOME - could this be causing
problems - if so, any suggestions?

Bob