From: Eero Volotinen on
On 1/12/10 8:02 AM, himmat baldaniya wrote:

> Hi all
> from last few days i got struct in problem.when i try to use setfacl command
> "setfacl -m u:himmat:r-- /ide2/asd"
> i get the error setfacl : /ide2/asd : operation not supported
> i also has mounted acl using -:
> "mount -f -o remount,acl / " Note: -f option is for force
> i am using red hat kernel 2.4.20-8 and acl-2.2.3-1
> One more thing i have to ask whether acl utility supports Samba version-2.2.7a
> plz help .. I want to know ur valuable suggestions
> thankyou

maybe it's time to upgrade os ..

--
Eero
Kernel 2.4 can support ACLs, it's more a question of the FS you are
using (ext2 is ok if acl is properly installed).
Did you remount with root? Otherwise use sudo. Perhaps you could post
your mount-output.
By the way: use some other partition then "/" for testing, otherwise you
could end up in a mess!!!
Next question: /ide2 sounds like a mountpoint itself - check and remount
with acl-enabled. Perhaps you could post "ls -al /"

Kind regards,

Jens