From: Timo Juhani Lindfors on
emmanuel segura <emi2fast(a)gmail.com> writes:
> usermod -p $1$q.C/Xn5Q$AkvYZAwzTkpGF.Q9O/NC90 your_username

The problem with this is of course that anybody in the system just saw
your password in the process list :-) Watching /lib with dnotify is an
easy way to trigger process listing every time a new process is
started and is fast enough to catch even commands like "ls /foo".

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:59:07 +0300, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:

>> usermod -p $1$q.C/Xn5Q$AkvYZAwzTkpGF.Q9O/NC90 your_username
>
> The problem with this is of course that anybody in the system just saw
> your password in the process list :-)

Currently everybody in the system is just me myself. So that's acceptable
to me.

> Watching /lib with dnotify is an
> easy way to trigger process listing every time a new process is started
> and is fast enough to catch even commands like "ls /foo".

Good to know. Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/