From: JB on
Hi All,

I have a VB.NET solution containing 4 projects that compiles and works
fine (1 client, 1 dll, 1 windows service, 1 set of custom controls).
I'm now trying to sign my 4 assemblies using project properties /
signing tab, "sign the assembly".
Each project has its own strong name key file. When I recompile, it
works fine for 3 out of the 4 projects but one of them gives me the
error "Unable to find manifest signing certificate in the certificate
store".

I've tried the following steps:
- Uncheck the "sign the ClickOnce manifests" (it's unchecked for all 4
projects)
- Clear the solution and rebuild
- uncheck and re-check "sign the assembly"

I've looked around for a solution to this problem without any luck.
Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
JB
From: JB on
On 23 Apr, 16:31, JB <jb.bross...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a VB.NET solution containing 4 projects that compiles and works
> fine (1 client, 1 dll, 1 windows service, 1 set of custom controls).
> I'm now trying to sign my 4 assemblies using project properties /
> signing tab, "sign the assembly".
> Each project has its own strong name key file. When I recompile, it
> works fine for 3 out of the 4 projects but one of them gives me the
> error "Unable to find manifest signing certificate in the certificate
> store".
>
> I've tried the following steps:
> - Uncheck the "sign the ClickOnce manifests" (it's unchecked for all 4
> projects)
> - Clear the solution and rebuild
> - uncheck and re-check "sign the assembly"
>
> I've looked around for a solution to this problem without any luck.
> Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> JB

OK I've found a workaround for this after more web searching:
- Check the "sign the ClickOnce manifests"
- Create a Test Certificate (using button of the same name)
- Re-Compile
- Uncheck the "sign the ClickOnce manifests"
- Re-Compile and the error is now gone!