From: David Duffy on
peter.king(a)imperial.ac.uk wrote:
> I am using Windows XP professional and a free Fortran compiler FORCE
> (2.08 I think it is a front end for the g-77 compiler). I am trying to
> find a simple library of basics graphics routines (xy plots, basic
> symbol plotting etc) for use with this (or any other easy to use
> Fortran compiler). I am not a computer scientist and just want
> something very easy to use without knowledge of c, unix or similar.

I plot to EPS using a fortran version of grapheps
(http://swiss.csail.mit.edu/~jaffer/Docupage/grapheps). The whole thing
is ~450 lines of code, but obviously you'd then need a viewer like
Ghostview or GSview. Does XY plots, histograms, basic symbols.

David Duffy.

From: Michael Prager on
michels(a)mps.mpg.de wrote:

> If you plot your data directly with Dislin, your little program will
> look like:
>
> [...]
>
> It doesn't look very complicate, or?
>
> Helmut

Helmut, I agree . . . it looks very easy. Either I have
underestimated what DISLIN can do, or it has improved very much
since I evaluated it >10 yr ago, or both. Very impressive.

Mike P.

--
Mike Prager, NOAA, Beaufort, NC
Address spam-trapped; remove color to reply.