From: peter.king on
I am using Windows XP professional and a free Fortran compiler FORCE
(2.08 I think it is a front end for the g-77 compiler). I am trying to
find a simple library of basics graphics routines (xy plots, basic
symbol plotting etc) for use with this (or any other easy to use
Fortran compiler). I am not a computer scientist and just want
something very easy to use without knowledge of c, unix or similar.
From: Herman D. Knoble on
Peter: One simple way to do this is to generate GNUPLOT data and commands
and then invoke GNUPLOT. For example, see:
http://ftp.aset.psu.edu/pub/ger/fortran/hdk/gnuExample.f90

Regards.
Skip Knoble, Penn State ITS

From: peter.king on
On Sep 25, 2:42 pm, Herman D. Knoble <SkipKnobleL...(a)SPAMpsu.DOT.edu>
wrote:
> Peter:   One simple way to do this is to generate GNUPLOT data and commands
> and then invoke GNUPLOT.  For example, see:http://ftp.aset.psu.edu/pub/ger/fortran/hdk/gnuExample.f90
>
> Regards.
> Skip Knoble, Penn State ITS

Thanks that might be a partial solution, but I would also like to
display graphic data while the program is running rather than post
processing.
From: Herman D. Knoble on
Look at:

DISLIN Scientific Plotting Software: http://www.dislin.de
PGPLOT Graphics Subroutine Library: http://astro.caltech.edu/~tjp/pgplot/
PL PLOT Graphics Library: http://plplot.sourceforge.net
PSPLOT: PostScript for Technical Drawings: http://www.nova.edu/ocean/psplot.html

-|wrote:
-|> Peter: � One simple way to do this is to generate GNUPLOT data and commands
-|> and then invoke GNUPLOT. �For example,
see:http://ftp.aset.psu.edu/pub/ger/fortran/hdk/gnuExample.f90
-|>
-|> Regards.
-|> Skip Knoble, Penn State ITS
-|

From: Michael Prager on
peter.king(a)imperial.ac.uk wrote:

> I am using Windows XP professional and a free Fortran compiler FORCE
> (2.08 I think it is a front end for the g-77 compiler). I am trying to
> find a simple library of basics graphics routines (xy plots, basic
> symbol plotting etc) for use with this (or any other easy to use
> Fortran compiler). I am not a computer scientist and just want
> something very easy to use without knowledge of c, unix or similar.

Take a look at DISLIN. It is free for noncommercial use,
inexpensive for commercial use.

More extensive and expensive are the commercial packages GINO
and Winteracter.

HTH,
Mike P.

P.S. In general, add-libraries are compiler- and
platform-specific, so you'll need to find out if you are using
g77 or not.

--
Mike Prager, NOAA, Beaufort, NC
Address spam-trapped; remove color to reply.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: segmentation fault
Next: Segmentation Fault using cron