From: Umakanth on
I just noticed the memory usage of a simple win32 C based GUI
application with single main window taking around 3 MB memory ( via
Task Manager )

I used Dev-c++ and Mingw as compiler , and generated windows
application via project wizard.

why that so ? is there any way to reduce it ?
From: Vincent Fatica on
On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 06:43:29 -0700 (PDT), Umakanth <cumakt(a)gmail.com> wrote:

|I just noticed the memory usage of a simple win32 C based GUI
|application with single main window taking around 3 MB memory ( via
|Task Manager )
|
|I used Dev-c++ and Mingw as compiler , and generated windows
|application via project wizard.
|
|why that so ? is there any way to reduce it ?

You can SetProcessWorkingSetSize(dwPID, (SIZE_T) -1, (SIZE_T) -1);

It will look better in TaskMgr, perhaps only for a while since it'll reclaim
memory as necessary.
--
- Vince