From: Gelonida on
Hi,

I'd like to debug a small wsgi module.

I run it either on an apache web server

or locally via wsgiref.simple_server.make_server
and following code snippet:

from wsgiref.simple_server import make_server
httpd = make_server('localhost',8012,application)
while True:
httpd.handle_request()
print_some_debug_info()

It seems, that wsgiref.simple_server.make_server can only create an http
server.

What I wondered would be how to easiest create an https server, that
supports wsgi modules

TIA

From: Jean-Paul Calderone on
On Jul 10, 2:42 pm, Gelonida <gelon...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to debug a small wsgi module.
>
> I run it either on an apache web server
>
> or locally via wsgiref.simple_server.make_server
> and following code snippet:
>
> from wsgiref.simple_server import make_server
> httpd = make_server('localhost',8012,application)
> while True:
>    httpd.handle_request()
>    print_some_debug_info()
>
> It seems, that wsgiref.simple_server.make_server can only create an http
> server.
>
> What I wondered would be how to easiest create an https server, that
> supports wsgi modules
>
> TIA

You could do this with Twisted:

twistd -n web --https 443 --certificate server.pem --privkey
server.key --wsgi your.application

Jean-Paul
From: Дамјан Георгиевски on
> It seems, that wsgiref.simple_server.make_server can only create an
> http server.
>
> What I wondered would be how to easiest create an https server, that
> supports wsgi modules

PythonPaste has a WSGI server that supports https
http://pythonpaste.org/modules/httpserver.html#module-paste.httpserver

Werkzeug too
http://werkzeug.pocoo.org/documentation/0.6.2/serving.html#ssl

I'd strongly suggest you to have both of those libraries installed, they
have a lot of WSGI goodies :)

--
дамјан ((( http://damjan.softver.org.mk/ )))

Scarlett Johansson: You always see the glass half-empty.
Woody Allen: No. I see the glass half-full... but of poison.