From: divoch on
I have installed Skype on my Skypephone S2. Then I found that calls to my
Skype name are diverted to 3 Voicemail when my S2 is switched off. That
happens even when my Skype account is active on PC! On PC I get a very
short ring (not long enough to respond) and then a call gets diverted. This
is quite unacceptable because if i had my mobile phone off I could not
receive any Skype calls anywhere else. Has anyone come across this? I have
asked 3 support to disable the divert , they claimed that they have done it
but it still gets diverted.

Best regards
divoch

From: Steve Terry on
"divoch" <divoch(a)REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have installed Skype on my Skypephone S2. Then I found that calls to my
>Skype name are diverted to 3 Voicemail when my S2 is switched off. That
>happens even when my Skype account is active on PC! On PC I get a very
>short ring (not long enough to respond) and then a call gets diverted. This
>is quite unacceptable because if i had my mobile phone off I could not
>receive any Skype calls anywhere else. Has anyone come across this? I have
>asked 3 support to disable the divert , they claimed that they have done it
>but it still gets diverted.
> Best regards
> divoch

It's the same problem with Orange, you have to get them to
"remove automatic divert to voicemail"

Not "disable voicemail", if you get a CS Tubby that doesn't understand
it can be quite difficult to get them to do it correctly.

Then you'll be able to manually control the divert, and with a bit of luck
by using GSM codes also the length of ring.

Steve Terry
--
Get a free Three 3pay Sim with �2 bonus after �10 top up
http://freeagent.three.co.uk/stand/view/id/5276

From: divoch on

"Steve Terry" <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote in message
> "divoch" <divoch(a)REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have installed Skype on my Skypephone S2. Then I found that calls to my
>>Skype name are diverted to 3 Voicemail when my S2 is switched off. That
>>happens even when my Skype account is active on PC! On PC I get a very
>>short ring (not long enough to respond) and then a call gets diverted.
>>This is quite unacceptable because if i had my mobile phone off I could
>>not receive any Skype calls anywhere else. Has anyone come across this? I
>>have asked 3 support to disable the divert , they claimed that they have
>>done it but it still gets diverted.
>> Best regards
>> divoch
>>
> It's the same problem with Orange, you have to get them to
> "remove automatic divert to voicemail"
>
> Not "disable voicemail", if you get a CS Tubby that doesn't understand
> it can be quite difficult to get them to do it correctly.
>
> Then you'll be able to manually control the divert, and with a bit of luck
> by using GSM codes also the length of ring.
>
> Steve Terry

Yes, they have understood me the second time round. Using the terminology of
the handset, the "call forwarding" to voicemail has been deactivated.
However, it is shame that Skype calls cannot be treated differently to other
calls. For the reasons explained above I would have preferred to remove auto
divert only for Skype calls but keep diverts to voicemail for all "normal"
calls .
The desired effect [ of not diverting Skype to voicemail when the phone is
switched off] could be achieved, I believe, if I was automatically logged
out of the Skype when the mobile is turned off and again automatically
logged in when mobile is turned on. "Normal" calls would not be affected,
i.e. they would go to the voicemail, if divert was not removed.

divoch

From: Graham. on

"divoch" <divoch(a)REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message news:eBL_m.23836$jY5.19628(a)newsfe22.ams2...

> "Steve Terry" <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote in message news:hhe8bj$p09$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
>> "divoch" <divoch(a)REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message news:kap_m.13$qq6.9(a)newsfe08.ams2...
>>>I have installed Skype on my Skypephone S2. Then I found that calls to my Skype name are diverted to 3 Voicemail when my S2 is
>>>switched off. That happens even when my Skype account is active on PC! On PC I get a very short ring (not long enough to
>>>respond) and then a call gets diverted. This is quite unacceptable because if i had my mobile phone off I could not receive any
>>>Skype calls anywhere else. Has anyone come across this? I have asked 3 support to disable the divert , they claimed that they
>>>have done it but it still gets diverted.
>>> Best regards
>>> divoch
>>>
>> It's the same problem with Orange, you have to get them to
>> "remove automatic divert to voicemail"
>>
>> Not "disable voicemail", if you get a CS Tubby that doesn't understand
>> it can be quite difficult to get them to do it correctly.
>>
>> Then you'll be able to manually control the divert, and with a bit of luck
>> by using GSM codes also the length of ring.
>>
>> Steve Terry
>
> Yes, they have understood me the second time round. Using the terminology of the handset, the "call forwarding" to voicemail has
> been deactivated.
> However, it is shame that Skype calls cannot be treated differently to other calls. For the reasons explained above I would have
> preferred to remove auto divert only for Skype calls but keep diverts to voicemail for all "normal" calls .
> The desired effect [ of not diverting Skype to voicemail when the phone is switched off] could be achieved, I believe, if I was
> automatically logged out of the Skype when the mobile is turned off and again automatically logged in when mobile is turned on.
> "Normal" calls would not be affected, i.e. they would go to the voicemail, if divert was not removed.
>
> divoch

I will get 3 to do the same thing for my son's phone.
I notice that at the moment #21# gives an acknowledgement that FAX
call diverts have been deactivated (whatever that means)

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%