From: David Mark on
On Jan 26, 12:51 pm, Scott Sauyet <scott.sau...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 11:50 am, joedev <joe.d.develo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I would like to posit that taskspeed is much more interesting than
> > slickspeed at the moment,
> > not only for QSA, but also that js app development has moved on from
> > selectors being all that important.
>
> Yes, it's more interesting these days.  But it requires hand-coding of
> the tests by someone who knows the library well, which means, I'm
> afraid, that we're waiting for David Mark.

Fair enough. The OO interface is admittedly without much
documentation. The TaskSpeed tests I put together should serve as
outstanding examples as the suite is sort of a Rosetta stone for
libraries.

> The reason that slickspeed is under discussion is that David Mark was
> announcing in another thread [1] that My Library was much faster than
> the competitors.

Yes. And you asked for some proof and I pointed you to the only page
that was out there at the time (and that had been out there unchanged
for over two years). Seems others have been confused by that turn of
events. I would think the subsequent discussions have cleared that up.
From: David Mark on
On Jan 26, 6:10 am, Andrew Poulos <ap_p...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I decided to run my own tests but I'm unsure what to put in the
> config file for mylib. I did a custom download where I selected
> everything except the 'create $ global variable' setting.

In the last few days, I've added support for additional selectors (per
user requests). I've also added some more syntactic sugar with
additional methods for the wrapper objects. The files on the download
page reflect this:-

http://www.cinsoft.net/mylib-downloads.html

....but I haven't updated the builder/test page yet as I want to
thoroughly test all of the changes locally first. There are also
several updates to the test page itself (mainly more unit tests).
Will be up before the week is out.
From: Scott Sauyet on
On Jan 27, 6:04 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 12:51 pm, Scott Sauyet <scott.sau...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> The reason that slickspeed is under discussion is that David Mark was
>> announcing in another thread [1] that My Library was much faster than
>> the competitors.
>
> Yes.  And you asked for some proof and I pointed you to the only page
> that was out there at the time (and that had been out there unchanged
> for over two years).

Actually, I was not the one who asked for proof.

Although the page may have been there for two years, it was pointing,
it seems, always to the latest version of My Library. So it's
essentially impossible to see how two-year old My Library ran against
two-year versions of the competition.

> Seems others have been confused by that turn of
> events.  I would think the subsequent discussions have cleared that up.

I'm not sure if things are entirely clear, but they are certainly
clearer than they were a few days ago.

-- Scott