From: Robert Macy on
....of an online website to check a sentence, or phrase, for
grammatical accuracy and correct punctuation?

everything I've found so far wants money for a book or lessons, or
worse wants to give me pragmatic rules which rarely apply.

anybody know of something very, very effective?
From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP on
Google turned up the following:

http://www.yourdictionary.com/dictionary-articles/free-online-grammar.html

http://spellcheckplus.com/

http://www.grammarly.com/?q=grammar&gclid=CLWSs9SThaICFQa0bwodgg1yFw

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

From: bj on
"Robert Macy" <macy(a)california.com> wrote in message
> ...of an online website to check a sentence, or phrase, for
> grammatical accuracy and correct punctuation?
>
> everything I've found so far wants money for a book or lessons, or
> worse wants to give me pragmatic rules which rarely apply.
>
> anybody know of something very, very effective?

Send a copy to your old high school English teacher!
bj

From: Terry Farrell on
The problem with that is Ms. Lunt (Gertrude) would probably come round to my house to rap me over the knuckles with a ruler and say, 'write out 1,000 lines, 'I taught you correct grammar at school''.

Terry Farrell

From: Stefan Blom on
:-)

--