From: DH on
Running XP Pro and office 2007. Any idea why it takes so long to swith from
one email folder to another? It hasn't always been this way. I have 4 email
accounts set up and try to keep the sent and deleted items folders cleaned
out, but when swithcing from any one folder to another it now takes several
seconds.

Sounds funny to question why something takes 'several seconds', but this
isn't normal.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"DH" <DH(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running XP Pro and office 2007. Any idea why it takes so long to swith from
> one email folder to another? It hasn't always been this way. I have 4 email
> accounts set up and try to keep the sent and deleted items folders cleaned
> out, but when swithcing from any one folder to another it now takes several
> seconds.

The number of accounts you have isn't necessarily related to the number of
folder sets you have. What type(s) of accounts? When you say "switching
folders" do you mean within the same folder set or different folder sets
(i.e., multiple data files)?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: DH on
I have 4 accounts. 2 Hotmail, 1 G-mail, 1 Roadrunner. The slowness
experienced is between folders of any one account, for example swithing from
inbox to deleted folders in same account.
It does take even longer going from one account to another, but that can be
expected, to a certain degree. That however is not my biggest concern right
now.

Thanks,

DH

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

>I have 4 accounts. 2 Hotmail, 1 G-mail, 1 Roadrunner.

Are the Gmail and RoadRunner accounts POP or IMAP?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: DH on
I believe they are POP accounts.