From: Mike Leone on
On 05/04/2010 04:43 PM, Helmut Hullen wrote:
> Hallo, Mike,
>
> turgon(a)mike-leone.com meinte am 04.05.10 in Samba zum Thema Re: [Samba] smbclient -k works; mount -t cifs does not:

>> Nothing. I used the FQDN in /etc/fstab, and nothing happens. No error
>> listed, but also nothing mounts.
>>
> It's no good idea to put a (perhaps not working) mount directive into "/
> etc/fstab".
>
> What you want has to work at least in a command line, and then (and
> there) you can see more messages.

It does work from the command line, when mounting using Kerberos
options. It does not work in /etc/fstab. :-)

I've since upgraded my laptop to Xubuntu 10.04 (a clean install). This
uses Samba 3.4.7, as opposed to my previous 3.4.0.

So basically I will be starting over from scratch, and we'll see how it
goes. :-)