From: John on
I backed up the original companyweb using smigrate. I then deleted the
companyweb on the new server using stsadm -o -deletesite and created a new
one with no template using stsadm -o -createsite. I adjusted the quotas,
and time out settings as I was instructed but during the restore I received
a timeout error. upon retrying to restore I received an error that a
template had been applied to the site. I then attempted to delete the site
again and start all over except I received and error 'there is no web named
"/"' but when I try to create a site I receive an error that a site with
that name already exists.

Please send me some advice, this is a time sensitive issue and there are
files in this migration back-up that need to be accessed asap.

-John

From: Bob on
John,
As a quick fix did you perform an IISRESET yet? You may have information
cached that is pointing to the site that seems like its in an in between
state if that makes sense. I have seen this before and I believe the
IISReset fixed the issue for me.

Bob Fox
http://bobfox.net

From: John on
I have tried that, I have even restarted the server, but I continue to
receive the same errors.

John

From: Bob on
John,
What do you get when you do a stsadm -o enumsites -url http://blahblahblah
Do you see the site listed?

Bob Fox
http://bobfox.net

From: Bob on
Also this is a different server I believe you mentioned. Check your
permissions.

Bob Fox
http://bobfox.net