From: rohith b on
does matlab support multithreading ???

I need to have a server serving many clients. Does anyone know how to go about it in matlab (code) ???
Any ideas will be very helpful...UDP and TCP socket programming...

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
rohith
From: Walter Roberson on
rohith b wrote:
> does matlab support multithreading ???

Only if you have the distributed computing add-on packages.

> I need to have a server serving many clients. Does anyone know how to
> go about it in matlab (code) ???
> Any ideas will be very helpful...UDP and TCP socket programming...

Matlab cannot act as a server for TCP (or at least the routines provided by
Mathworks cannot; you might _perhaps_ be able to get it to work if you use the
tcpudp toolbox Matlab File Exchange (FEX) contribution... but no promises as I
have not seen any reports of anyone having tried that.)

Note that when I say that matlab only supports multithreading if you have the
distributed computing add-ons, I am talking about the levels available to
Matlab itself. Matlab normally runs as a single Java thread; you can use Java
thread creation methods to create additional Java threads, but they will not
have access to the Matlab workspaces except by communicating with the single
main Matlab thread.

Pages: 1
Prev: xlswrite - modified
Next: Clear all except some?