From: Mr. Arnold on
gerry wrote:
> In a solution that contains multiple web projects ( apps or sites ) , how do
> we prevent all of them from being started when hitting F5 ?
> There are no dependencies between the apps.
> In solution properties setting the solution Startup Project to any of the
> available options has no effect. Current Selection , Single startup project
> , and Multiple startup projects with all project Actions = None except one
> set to Start. In all cases a seperate instance of the development is started
> for each web project in the solution. I have even unchecked Build for all
> projects under configuration.
>
> Gerry

Well, for each Web project, you would make an individual sln file that
contains every thing that particular project needs. Common projects
that all Web projects will use will be in the snl file for the
individual Web project etc, etc.

You will have everything in the sln that will make it an individual
solution that will compile by itself and allow the Web site run.

You'll do this procedure for each Web project segregating each Web
project into an individual sln.

You'll have a sln file for all Web projects that is in the main.sln. You
will need it to add a new project to the main.snl before you create an
individual sln for a given project.

Sometimes, you will have to compile the total solution all Web projects
using the main.sln before you can compile an individual project is a
sln, because references change due to someone making changes to a common
project.

If you do that, you can segregate the Web projects into individual
sln(s), you don't compile all the projects to start an individual Web
project you need to debug in a given solution.

That's what we do at work in a 30 something Web projects so were not
compiling all projects when working on one project for debugging.

From: gerry on
For anyone else that may be interested, I found the property "Always start
when debugging" that exists for each project in the solution - I never
noticed this before as it is under "Property Window" and not "Property
Pages". Setting this to false will stop the project from startinng up on F5
.. Problem solved.
I would have expected that would be the same property displayed in the
Solution Property Startup Page as project Startup Action but obviously it
isn't.