From: mikegws on
Hey,

Right now we're doing a manual fail over of our Zones. We have 2
t5220's running web apps & 2 t5220's running java apps.

One hosts all the active Zones and the other just sites by passively.

In the event of a server crash - we force an import of the zpool on
the 2ndry system and boot the zones online (the zone.xml and /etc/
zones/index is already configured).

Would either VCS or Sun Cluster automate this for us?

It looks like Oracle Ops Center handles this warm migration if we're
running LDOMs.

-Mike
From: ITguy on
> Right now we're doing a manual fail over of our Zones.  We have 2
> t5220's running web apps & 2 t5220's running java apps.
>
> One hosts all the active Zones and the other just sites by passively.
>
> In the event of a server crash - we force an import of the zpool on
> the 2ndry system and boot the zones online (the zone.xml and /etc/
> zones/index is already configured).
>
> Would either VCS or Sun Cluster automate this for us?

Yes. Solaris Cluster can automatically fail over ZFS pools and
Solaris zones. You create a resource group within the cluster
framework that is failed over as a unit. A resource group would
typically include storage, IP address and application(s).