From: Donna on
Could you help me in sorting numbers.
In column c I have the following numbers and it sorts it like this.

03
11
113
12
15
30
303
45

I would like for it to sort like this:
03
11
12
15
30
45
113
303
Thank you
From: Ms-Exl-Learner on
If it is real number not formatted as text then select the C Column and
press Alt+D+S which will get you the sort window. In "sort by" select the
column or field and select the sorting method as "Ascending" and give Ok.
If your data is having the header row then check the "My data has header
option".

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

From: JLatham on
In addition, if it is text data you should see a warning that has an option
to select that says "sort anything that looks like a number as a number".
That should do the trick.

"Ms-Exl-Learner" wrote:

> If it is real number not formatted as text then select the C Column and
> press Alt+D+S which will get you the sort window. In "sort by" select the
> column or field and select the sorting method as "Ascending" and give Ok.
> If your data is having the header row then check the "My data has header
> option".
>
> Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps!
>
> --------------------
> (Ms-Exl-Learner)
> --------------------
>
> "Donna" <donna(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Could you help me in sorting numbers.
> > In column c I have the following numbers and it sorts it like this.
> >
> > 03
> > 11
> > 113
> > 12