From: Bob McClellan on
Is sp_MSforeachtable the best approach to maintain the rebuilding of all
for all tables in a database?
thanks in advance,
...bob

From: Balaji on
Hi Bob,

sp_MSforeachtable stored procedure is a undocumented stored procedure. It is
always best to avoid any undocumented procedure in a production
environement.

Regards, Balaji

From: Uri Dimant on
No Bob , definetely No. Because you need rebuild/reorganize only fragmented
indexes and in most cases I have seen you will need to update statistics
to speed up the query

Read the link
http://ola.hallengren.com/

From: Bob McClellan on
Thanks to both of you. I really appreciate the reply
and advice against moving forward with this.
...bob

From: Bob on
A Maintenance plan is probably your best option.

"Bob McClellan" wrote:

> Thanks to both of you. I really appreciate the reply
> and advice against moving forward with this.
> ..bob
>

> "Bob McClellan" <bobmcc(a)tricolift.RemoveThis.com> wrote in message
> > Is sp_MSforeachtable the best approach to maintain the rebuilding of all
> > for all tables in a database?
> > thanks in advance,
> > ..bob
>
 |  Next  |  Last