From: ines_fr on
Dear all

I'm a new member of this board so a big hello to everybody

I am using spartan 3 Starter Board, and I want to know if it supports
multiprocessor architecture or not?
anyone can help me Please!

thank you in advance.

INES

From: Michael Engel on
On 5 Dez., 16:08, "ines_fr" <benhlima_i...(a)yahoo.fr> wrote:
> I am using spartan 3 Starter Board, and I want to know if it supports
> multiprocessor architecture or not?

Sure - if you can find a processor core small enough to fit on the
rather
small Spartan 3 on the Starter Board. A good starting point might be
the ZPU - this is a space-optimized (and, thus, comparatively slow)
stack
machine (32 bit, with gcc toolchain support) we are using to build
experimental manycore systems (up to nearly 100 cores on a Virtex 5
XUP
board...). Some smallers 8-bit cores (like the picoblaze) may also
work for you.

Information on the ZPU can be found at:
http://opencores.org/project,zpu and
http://opensource.zylin.com/zpu.htm

Of course, you'll have to design some communication method, otherwise
the multicore system on your FPGA won't be much fun :-).

Best wishes,
Michael
From: ines_fr on
Hi,
Thank you for the reply, I want to start with a small example for Core 2
processors in spartan 3, because I am beginner in this area, and I have a
little knowledge on multiprocessor architectures!
So if you know where I can find a tutorial that can helps me, please give
the link!

INES

This message was sent using the comp.arch.fpga web interface on
http://www.FPGARelated.com