From: Dave on
Someone has changed the settings on my computer so that every time I enter
anything in a cell, the computer speaks what I typed in upon hitting the
enter key. I have no idea how this setting got changed. Does anyone have a
suggestion on how to make it stop speaking the contents of the cell?
I have Office 2007, using the application Excel.

From: L. Howard Kittle on
Don't have 2007 but you may try Tools > Speech > and click on the upper
right corner "x" of the small Speech Icon shown on the sheet.

May be different in 2007...?

HTH
Regards,
Howard

From: trip_to_tokyo on
Copied from an earlier posting by Micky (an MVP):-

You want to check out the following:
http://www.justanswer.com/questions/12gy4-how-do-i-turn-of-speak-cells-in-excel-2007
Micky

From: FSt1 on
hi
do you have speak commands on the QAT? if not see this site....
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA102223271033.aspx#1
you will have to find the "Speak on enter" icon and click it. that turns it
on/off.

regards
FSt1