From: jeffl on
Please share your thoughts
One of my Event asp8s has had an intermittent low end flutter and after it
goes away it sounds okay but is a bit louder than its mate. Sometimes the
thing gets really loud for a few seconds--really annoying. I called Event
and may swap out the amp. Strangely its almost back to identical volume and
hasn't been a problem for a week now.

Anyways-I'd like to get a device to check the volume and freq output of the
things to make sure they are perfectly matched. I was a little concerned to
find the hi/lo/and output trim knobs were different on the 2 units--one has
them made of a hard plastic and the other has hard rubber knobs--funny that
I never noticed this before--the guy at Event says they're just different
end-caps and that there has been no design change, etc between shipments.
If anyone remembers--I had taken home 2 pair of these that actually sorta
blew up when I plugged them in--smoke-a few sparks--made for some excitement
here at the Loven homestead. People made fun of me and I guess rightfully
so! Turned out they actually had a batch shipped to GC that went to the
wrong country--something electronic. I still wanted/and finally received a
good pair a few years ago.

Is it a spectrum analyzer I want. I would like to check the room and
speakers if possible. Any product suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks
again!
Jeff

From: Neil Rutman on
For checking output volume you could use a sound level meter which you can
get at radio shack for $50.

For frequency measurement you could try recording each speaker independently
with the flattest mic you have and then analyzing the wav with a frequency
analyzer. I use the one in waves gold pack but I'm sure there are many good
free ones out there.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for. You might post this to RAP
(rec.audio.pro) if no one can help you here.

Neil R

From: jeffl on
Thanks Neil. Good points!