From: steffie on
have windows home xp on a mini laptop, anyone know how i get speech to text .
have a trial windows office 7 and know that these do not do speech as such.
From: Beverly Howard on
imho, the best option is to purchase Dragon Naturally Speaking
http://www.nuance.com/naturallyspeaking. It is not free, but generally
considered the best and most accurate speech to text application.

There is speech recognition in the Tablet input panel, but, you indicate
that you do not have a tablet (this forum is for tablet pc's) so, you
might repost in the XP forum.

If not, google time, or, open start/help and type in "speech to text" to
find out what you may have on your os.

Beverly Howard
From: Beverly Howard on
This question prompted me to setup and try and his speech recognition
system on the Tablet PC

in general I am pretty surprised at the accuracy of the speech recognition

in fact this particular message was created using speech recognition and
contains no editing

Beverly Howard
From: Beverly Howard on
Took a look at a netbook after the last post and confirmed that the os
on that particular one does have speech to text recognition... again,
start/help/"speech to text" and you should get one or more links to set
it up and activate it.

A good headset will be necessary to get good accuracy.

Beverly Howard