From: arturo on
hi group,

when you start an application on a pocket pc
sometimes you see a ball that spins for few seconds
until you app appears well on the ppc screen, how do I
can eliminate this ball?

thanks a lot,
Arturo

From: Beverly Howard on
it's part of the os... the ppc equivalent of the window's "hourglass"
and, afaik, cannot be removed or replaced.

Beverly Howard
From: Sven on
You could get a PPC with a really, really, really fast processor. ;) You
might need a welders glove to hold it, and the battery life would likely
suck though.

From: taximania on

"Beverly Howard" <Bev(a)NoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote in message
> it's part of the os... the ppc equivalent of the window's "hourglass" and,
> afaik, cannot be removed or replaced.
>
> Beverly Howard

It can be replaced. Perhaps the OP could create their own transparent cursor
so they don't actually see it.

http://www.marshallskins.ilbello.com/php5/htdocs/index.php

From: r_z_aret on
On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 15:07:55 -0500, "arturo" <ask(a)b.com> wrote:

>hi group,
>
>when you start an application on a pocket pc
>sometimes you see a ball that spins for few seconds
>until you app appears well on the ppc screen, how do I
>can eliminate this ball?

This is the "Wait Cursor". Most applications try to display it when
they are busy, so users know _something_ is happening, at least partly
so users don't try the same command (like start the program) again.
The timing can be tricky, so sometimes it shows up later than it
should. And some programs call it at the wrong time or don't manage to
display the normal cursor when they're ready. But I as a user sure
like to see it when a program is busy.

If you're trying to change the image for the wait cursor, that's a
different issue. I don't have any help, but I think an earlier post at
least tried.

>thanks a lot,
>Arturo

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP